A Word to Readers

Dear Readers,
I am going away for some time and I will come back sometime in the middle of JANUARY. When I do, I will notify you.

I posted again on The Light.

Hi, I will post every Saturday from now on, but there might be a few exceptions. If so, I will notify you. The new post I have posted today will be continued every week on the same post. Notice that I have put the date on the top left hand corner. I will do so every week so that you know where you have left off.

At the same time, I would like to thank all of you faithful readers for encouraging me. Your encouragement has motivated me to publish a book. In fact, Dawn is going to be my first book. The prologue I posted on this blog is a rough draft of the book's prologue. I'll keep you posted on my progress, but I cannot reveal the details --Book Progress: Chapter 14

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Wise Leaf

     One hot, summer day, Dough was sitting under his little doghouse, thinking about rolling in the damp, cool mud for a reprieve of the warmth. His coat was thick and long, the color of corn in the setting sun. The shade of his doghouse was no help. Just as he was about to get to his paws and trot over to the mud, a dark, shaggy dog with unkempt fur approached him.The dark brown dog, named Dirt, boasted," Hey Doughy. Bet 'cha can't build a smaller doghouse than me. I, Dirt the Emperor, am always the best." Tired of hearing Dirt's boasting, Dough decided to craft a smaller doghouse than Dirt's. Upon finishing it, he strode up to Dirt, declaring," I have the tiniest doghouse in town." The doghouse was indeed small, the size of a beehive. Envious, Dirt made an even smaller one. He painted it the dark green of a pine. "There!" he boasted." Now I have the smallest doghouse in town." Seeing this, Dough created a doghouse the size of a Doberman's paw.
     This continued until Dough and Dirt could not build a smaller doghouse. Dough was exhausted and Dirt was too. Both thought, the match will continue tomorrow.
     The next day, a leaf floated down onto the hot, dusty floor near Dough's home. The sun glinted on it and soon enough, it caught on fire. Slowly but surely, words appeared, singed into the delicate leaf.
     On and on,
     Spinning on a wheel
     It's a real tire.
     Here one day
     And gone the next.
     Vanished.
     Gone.
     Forever.
     
     On and on,
     Spinning, spinning, and spinning-
     Isn't it a real tire?
     Best to stop and take a day's rest,
     Or soon you'll decay.
     Reduced to a pile of ashes.
     The best in town
     is the most unintelligent in town.
     Stop the wheel 
     Before it's too late.
     Spotting the leaf and seeing its wise words, Dough decided to stop competing with Dirt. Dirt soon met his end, when deciding to build a doghouse as big as a bee, went to catch one in a bee hive. The swarm of bees bombarded him and soon after he had passed away from the stings.
     Well, Dough just lived a happy life with his old doghouse and never built another small doghouse again.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, I wrote this in third grade and did not have the time to correct it today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wise words! Very inspiring story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the meaning behind the story. It's great to write such story in 3rd Grade. I enjoy this lite and refreshing story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good for the 3rd grader. Siau kuku can't even write as good as this NOW.
    You are very talented. Keep the good work!

    Love,
    Siau kuku

    ReplyDelete